Friday, June 1, 2007

Just finished exam #4 or #5 dont remember actually. Maybe my brain is getting cramped from all of this, can't blame the poor thing... lol

On one of our so called "Projects" the assignment was to visit a governmental hospital with a survey about about hypertensive people (people suffering from high blood pressure), and ask about what drugs their using, whether they've experienced any side effects and so on. So, my sister, a friend M. and I decide we will do this assignment genuinely (i.e. not make up names and create drugs taken). We didnt want to cheat, how hard could it be?? I mean enter hospital, talk to 5 patients 5 minutes each and leave... Piece of cake...

We went to the hospital and got lost for a bit until we found the cardiovascular ward and scatter for each one of us to talk to someone, here's how it went:

"Good Morning, could I ask u a few questions about your hypertension?"

"Why? Are u a college student? Is this some kind of assignment?" (Very Skeptic)

"Yes I'm a Pharmacy Student, and it is an assignment we'll get marks for it so I'd really appreciate it if u help me"

"Ok. Ur like a daughter to me. Ill help U."

(I ask a few questions but then he gets offpoint and gets into his personal life)

"I hate having girls (he has 2 daughters) they are very bad people and treat me very bad. one of them got divorced and married another man. And though she works she still takes money from me. What am I supposed to do? I HATE THEM! I DO!! (he spat)"

I was very sorry to hear a frustrated man complain about his daughters who are supposed to be the apple of his eye. On top of that, he hates them... he really said that with detest.

"I'm sure they dont mean anything. But, we're 3 daughters and our father doesnt hate us."

"U look like a very well-bred girl I dont think u would do that to your father"

(and then I would try to get back to the questionnaire)

It was truly a humane experience but we still had fun and learned alot too.

No comments: