Monday, March 5, 2007

Let's Start at the very Begining




For all the kindness in ur heart,

It all began from the very start,

an innocent child from inside,

with a smile so wide,

and love was in place,

now (enshaa Allah), it's meant to be,

coz Sweety, u're now with me...


This poem dated: 18/12/2006 is the truth of what our (fiance and I) first meeting was like. However, dont be taken in that it was all that romantic it was actually very professional from my side because I was just a pharmacy student at a summer training and he was our trainer. Yes, we are the same profession. Many times he acted funny and all my friends would say this guy will propose to u... I didnt believe them. It was too much for me to bear at the moment. Just wanted to get this week over with...


It did get over with, and I was happy to be relaxing at home while waiting for school to start, but, then he did propose!!!! He directly spoke to my father about it and I didnt even know!!! (This is considered a very brave action and fathers love it when they are spoke to first) Anyways, dont get me wrong, it wasn't all barbie world after that. There was alot to talk about with my father, such as the house wer'r going to live in, dowry, engagement rings and lots more. In fact, it was a very tough time and lasted months but in the end they agreed on certain terms and it was done.


What were the main problems??? There is an amount of money to be paid to a woman if she is married and her husband divorces her (mo'akhar). The worst thing of all, is that u experience your father-in-law actually wanting to lower the sum!!! I was like... Oh my God? What is he talking about? It's not even something he would intend to pay!!! But problems do happen and it did pass in the end, Thank God!

No comments: