Thursday, August 2, 2007

Peace of Mind, Peace of Heart...



I was really avoiding writing anything about this issue, I just wanted to pretend like this never happened and that this chapter of my life was never really there... Why do I need to write about it? Why don't I just change the "about me" column on my blog and its over with? I chose not to... It's better for me to vent and blow off smoke on my blog, afterall, that's what friends are for...


I saw the signs and symptoms but I chose to make excuses and ignore them, saying to myself " Why don't I give him the benefit of the doubt?" "His explanation seems logical" and so on. Naive? A fool? Too kind? I dunno. However, I could not take it anymore. Thanks Allah, that I am the kind of person who always tells my parents about everything, I explain to them every problem I encounter with my ex-fiance. Yes, ex. I did decide to break off the engagement... How can I live with a man with such habits? An insensitive, miser, nit-picker?? I cant handle it... I don't care how many months it has been, I never really felt like I was a fiancee to be cherished and loved and respected... Just when I get a feeling of accomplishment, BANG! "It's not that great", u know how it goes. People say that engagement is the most romantic and peaceful time of a couple's life. It wasn't for me. Most of it arguing, (him) nit-picking about every single thing, and his mom treating me very unpleasantly for no reason at all.


I'm glad it's over, I feel so relieved right now, I don't know why I didn't do it sooner "Better late, than NEVER!". At least this way, I get to keep my heart and soul intact of the very special person Allah sends along for me. I am grateful to Allah for saving me from a doomed relationship and God Willing I'm sure that Allah holds someone better for me in the future... Inshaa Allah...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Asalamlaykom Sara,

I'm grateful too! Alhumdulillah that you are waiting for the right man and not just the man right now.

There is a man wondering where you are. Inshahallah, you will know who he is soon.

Anonymous said...

Have you ever read A Mistake in The Knitting by Ihsan Kamal? If not you would really, really appreciate it rights 'bout now ;)
~Brooke AKA Ummbadier